21.9.09

What was that thing I did on Mondays?

Was it called a recap? At this point I'd have to write a recap a la War and Peace, to keep up to date with what's been going on. I'll spare you, seriously. There's no need to go there.

Have you guys noticed that falling behind on your blog browsing, flickr, Twitter stuff is like forgetting to water a plant?
First you feel regret and you think "hey I should really water that, it looks pretty bad" and then over the next few weeks you start feeling that really, no amount of water will save it, so you won't water it at all- what's the point? And by the time 8 weeks fly by and your ALOE looks like a shade of Martha Stewart Neutral paint, you're like I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY I LET YOU DIE CAN I MAKE IT UP TO YOU? And then you water and water and water until SOMEHOW, the Aloe comes back to life.
And once it looks good and you no longer feel the shame, you start ignoring it again. Even though you know better.
That's how I've been feeling about the Internet. Like no amount of catch-up will bring me up to speed with all the goodness I've missed.
I don't really know what I'm talking about. I've spent the last 4 nights trying to not murder a two year old. I wrote an email to a friend of mine this morning and her response, at 7h21 was
"are you drunk?".
'Nough said. I've got some big things ahead, some of them I've been preparing for, others I've been trying to ignore. Like the toddler hanging off my nightgown.
ok, blogger is taking forever to upload images, so y'all will have to wait until later for my sister's amazing new Flickr uploads.

in the wise words of Liz Lemon....... suck it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tolstoy can suck it!