11.1.08

And now for something new....

FOOD!
Those who know me know that I like a good meal. Now, I've had a -shall we say- turbulent relationship with food my entire life. Now that I'm feeding a family, the relationship is in it's disastrous phase. You bake cookies (and eat half), cook tons of pasta because that's the ONLY DAMN THING the boy will eat, and all of a sudden you feel as big as you were in the last 16th month of your pregnancy.
Or at least, that's what's going on over here.
So like millions of other people, I'm determined to do something about all this extra luggage I've tugging about. This time, the 'right' way.
Oh and yes, I am aware of the fact that I've just had two- not one- but TWO babies back to back. Still doesn't legitimize the half chocolate cake I inhaled yesterday. Trust me, I tried.
So here's the plan:
More veggies :: Less and/or healthier baking :: smaller portions :: exercise :: food log
The food log thing is fun and forces you to be honest about what you're eating (oh I guess I did eat 3 bagels in a row... hmmmm). So I may even do it here, if that's ok with you guys. thanks to hil for the tip and the delicious fava bean fritters last night... yum. I had 5.

So tonight I made a no brainer veggie side dish:
Roasted cauliflower and cherry tomatoes.
Toss chopped cauliflower and tomatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
Throw onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet
Cook for 25 minutes at 400.
Voila. Needless to say, the boy refused to eat it and seemed rather content shewing away on raw oats straight from the canister. Fine by me.

Here are some fun online resources:
ny times food section
epicurious dieter's blog
Stupid easy lentil soup
although I hate the site, everyday food

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think this is a great idea! Not because i think you should lose weight, but because it may give me some yummy supper ideas. I've been thinking that we need some sort of centralized databank were people can just go and type in what they cook for supper -je suis en manque d'inspiration!